"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 17, 2007

Princess time

It was so much fun to spend the weekend with my sweet Joy!
The retreat was a blast! We had a great time with some sweet moms and daughters from our church. I found out that you just haven't lived until you've tried to beat 50 girls to 3 shower stalls. ; ) Or been talked into sitting in a dunk tank. -Ahh! Now that was scary! I kept telling myself that if someone hit the bulls eye and I went down, then I was landing on MY FEET and NOT going to get my hair wet! HA!!! Not a chance! Down I went!!! Completely under, twice!!! Too funny!
We had a silly string fight with 400 girls, played games, swam, made purses and ate lots of good food including having a royal banquet. There were some great lessons and fun classes. It was precious to see the older women pouring into the lives of little girls.
Today it was a little hard to transition from princess back to construction clean up crew member, but we managed. This weekend someone taught us that 'daughters of the King are servants at heart. They know how to take off their crowns and serve like servants.' : )
By the way, my sweet hubby worked really hard while we were gone to surprise me by ridding our house of all that construction dust. I came home to one clean house! He is so sweet! He and Carlos and the boys worked really hard while we were away but they enjoyed it.
~Becky
Here is my favorite princess!
Rev. 3:11 "I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.


No comments: