"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

I'm blessed!
I hear about people who have a skewed view of their Heavenly Father because of how their earthly father treated them. I am not one of those people.
I have such a sweet Dad!

I have precious memories of:
~being taken to church 3 times a week
~being taught to be quiet in church or be taken to the foyer... : )
~going for Sunday drives
~taking the trolley to Mexico to find out how blessed we were
~getting tucked in bed and prayed for (until I started staying up later than he did)
~folding flyers for his stores to earn money for church camp
~receiving more mail than anyone else in our small college (I got a card from him every 3 days)
~being his employee and working together
~sitting on his lap even in my 20's
~a certain talk with a nervous young man over mexican food
~the tears in his eyes before walked down the isle

Thanks Dad, for all of these and the many more......
I'm looking forward to seeing you in September!

No comments: