"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 25, 2007

What's up

Life right now, pretty much consists of remodeling, but there are a few other things going on:

Nathan just graduated from our church's JBQ team. And just in time, the Lord brought someone to our church who has started a Teen Bible Quiz team. So far, there are 2 people on the team but hopefully, more will join. Nathan is so excited. He wants to memorize the entire New Testament! (Is that an awesome goal or what?!) This year they are going to memorize Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Philemon!

Zachary and I have taken two Movie Media classes at the library this summer. I love those FREE classes! It's great fun to make slide shows and add music and titles. He really enjoys it!!! I'm going to give him an assignment to make a slide show of all our field trips and educational activities from the past school year and then we can take it to our evaluation on Friday. (the one that got rescheduled because they were so sunburned and ill) Hopefully he'll have enough time to do it. He is pretty busy being Carlos' main helper on this kitchen remodel. Anyway, you relatives can expect some slide shows from our visits with you from now on. : )
Here is what the kitchen looks like now and here is Zach working.
Here are some pictures of our temporary kitchen for my mom and dad who asked about it. It works pretty well. Except that it doesn't have hot water, so I do a lot of boiling. But, I do get to have the dishwasher hooked up which is a big blessing. (no garbage disposal, though)

I've learned why cupboards are such a good thing! They hide your food from YOU. When you have to look at your food all the time, you want to eat it! ; )

This whole remodeling process is just growing, but it's a blessing. We had no idea that the foundation of our house was sagging. Scary!!! Carlos is working hard to get it propped up and in place with cement pillars. Also, because of the water heater that burst, our floors were still wet when we pulled them up! And that wasn't the part of the kitchen that was sagging!!! So, who knows what would have happened if we'd never torn them all out. We may have stepped right through the floor one day.

God bless Carlos for all of this work. I'd say it's more than he bargained for but he seems to be enjoying it. (or he fakes it really well) ; )
~Becky

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad some things were revealed that needed attention. And I love your windsor chairs too.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Robin Green said...

I don't know if it's available on the website yet, but at JBQ National's I learned that there is a CD that was made for TBQ--It has all those books being read on it. We bought it, but I haven't listened to it yet. I'm sure it would be a very helpful resource for Nathan. My daughter had said that she wasn't going to quiz next year, but has changed her mind. Our TBQ teams divide the books up by however many are on the team, so that they don't have so much to memorize. K. has always only had to memorize 1/3 of the assigned book--which is still plenty. I hope that the remodeling goes by very quickly for you. I know you will just love your new kitchen.

Yvonne said...

Hey Becky, when you get a chance tell me about the movie media classes at the library. Andrew would probably love to do something like that! ~Yvonne

小小彬 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.