"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 22, 2007

A hubby and a recipe like no other

Everyday I think about doing a post about my wonderful hubby. And everyday, I change my mind, for two reasons:

1. I don't think I write well enough to convey just how wonderful he really is
2. I don't want to make all the ladies of the blogasphere jealous by trying ; )

So, I'll just say, I am really blessed!!! And "I picked the right one, Babe!" (that's an inside joke we have)

Tonight, I am making one of his favorite meals. I only make this about once a year because:
(I'm into lists today)

1. It takes forever to make
2. It has a gazillion ingredients
3. It isn't very healthy

But, oh is it GOOD!

Monte Cristo Sandwiches! yummy!

I use french bread for these but you can use white bread
cooked turkey
cooked ham
American cheese
Swiss cheese
1 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 T baking powder
1-1 1/4 cups of water
Vegetable oil for deep frying
raspberry jam
powdered sugar

Place turkey and Swiss cheese on one slice of bread and ham and American cheese on the other slice. Place a third slice between both, for a triple decker sandwich and secure it with tooth picks.

Place egg in a mixing bowl, add water, and beat together. Add salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder. Beat batter until smooth. Dip sandwich in batter and carefully cover all the sides and surfaces. Carefully place in hot oil and fry until golden. When sandwich has turned a warm gold color remove from hot oil and place on paper towels. Let cool a few minutes before removing the toothpicks. Cut in fourths and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve raspberry jam on the side.

I'm going to serve them with dill pickles and Ceasar salad.

I'm just sure that we will be eating these at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb in heaven someday and not worrying a bit about the calories. ; )
~Becky
this recipe is from CopyKatCreations under Bennigan's Monte Cristo

No comments: