"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 27, 2007

The perfect color

After 8 months I have finally got up the courage to do it!
Color my hair!
And I am excited because it is the exact same color that I have had for 37 yrs!!! And that is quite a feat, because who knew there were SO many shades of brown!?
I have my kids to thank for my color success.
I probably have them to thank for the reason I need to color my hair too. ha ha

Eight months ago we were at Target on one unforgettable day, and I was holding my head next to all those loops of artificial hair and asking their opinion on which one was closest to mine. I kept asking them if my hair matched the ladies on this box or that box. "Is mine darker or lighter than hers?" My poor boys were wishing they were anywhere else in the world. : )
But, Joy didn't mind a bit! I must be color challenged or something, because I could not tell from the boxes pictures or the loops of fake hair... So, they were stuck for like 20 min. helping me try to pick one.

But, then I chickened out and I didn't use it. But 8 mo. later, it's either -go for the "hoary head" look or do something about it....

And so, I finally did it! And it was painless! Accept the smell made me want to pass out!
And it didn't turn out to be a funky color
like I was expecting and dreading and praying against. : )

Now a certain somebody in our family thinks that he ought to be able to color his hair since I did. And this person wants a funky color which would be blueish black. And it will take me a lot longer than 8 mo. to say 'yes' to that! ; )
~Becky

4 comments:

Robin Green said...

Yay! I'm glad you did it. I've been coloring my hair for 7 years or so. I recently thought about stopping, but I just can't go back!

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL! Becky, you totally had me cracking up on this one. I can sooo see you standing there trying to pick out the colors with your "jury." And the verdict is in!

I wanted to dye my hair pink as a teen/young adult. I never did it but it wasn't some nonconforming counterculture agenda I had either. I just reaaally wanted to have pink hair for awhile. So blueish black? Not so bad, lol.

Thanks for making me smile.
Blessings,
~Toni~
(who is thrilled to be in winner's row with her bloggin' buddy, Becky)

Yvonne said...

Pictures? A blog post about perfect color and no pictures??? LOL ~Yvonne

Becky said...

Oops! Sorry. I didn't even think about pictures. I guess because it doesn't look any different. : )