"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 14, 2007

Gladly going....

Tomorrow Joy and I head to the Missionettes Retreat. We get to leave all this grunt work, dust and remodeling behind.... If we weren't thrilled before then you know we are now. ha ha

I've decided that do-it-yourself-remodeling is great training for missions! It's all team work and perserverance... And doesn't this remind you of a third world country? : ) And the dust. Ick!!!



Zach isn't in the photo because he was helping Carlos with one of our many trips to the dump. Joy isn't in the picture because when she found out it was time for all of us to clean up this mess, she had an urgent need to go learn some memory verses and do her lesson for church. I let her, because it was such an ingenious excuse! ; )

Today she said "I don't like carrying splintery wood. It isn't girly."

So, off to the girly retreat, we go! We didn't know when we signed up that we would be doing all of this, but He did! He must love us girls quite a bit!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Becky,

My word, look at that kitchen. That's a serious remodeling job. I'm sure it's a huge mess but how nice it's all going to be when it's done.

I can't say I blame her for not wanting to carry the slintery wood out. :-)

Thank you for your sweet comments about my petunias. I have no idea why they do so well on that hot front porch but I do love having them there - every single person who comes to my front door comments on the flowers and the cute picket planters my husband built. Thank you for delurking. It's nice to meet you!

Judith said...

Thanks for dropping by, about grand daughter and her wedding.

You are so brave to deal with your kitchen all torn out. Will be nice to see the "finished" pictures, and what a great guy you must have, who pitches right in, and cleans up the mess. I would seriously consider keeping him.