"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 1, 2007

Special friends

We are blessed to have some precious company coming this weekend.
Our dear friends M and A who live in TX are coming to see us and then stay for the week on the beach! This is the sweet couple who are making our trip to CA possible with their buddy passes from the airline he works part time for. He's also a minister.

Our kids are so excited. They love their kids! Which is really fun, because A and I grew up together going to the same church and our dads were best friends who grew up together going to the same church. Once my future hubby came to know the Lord, they were great friends too. They are both passionate about the Word.

While attending a Christian college, my future hubby and I met M. I knew I wanted to be friends with her. This girl was on fire for Jesus!!! There wasn't anyone else with her zeal and excitement in the whole school. We had Bible studies for girls in her dorm room, while my future hubby held a study for guys in his room. Saying good bye to her at graduation was really sad. She was going home to IN and I was going back to CA. As we said good bye, I felt the Lord put on my heart, that this wouldn't be forever and that one day she would be in my wedding. Now, that was a crazy thought!!! We didn't know each other that well, and usually only your very closest friends are in your wedding! But God had neat things in mind that I didn't know about. She came to visit me in CA. And I told her all about my good friend A and his passion for God. My friend and I used to meet A on a mountain once a week and have him practice his next sermon on us. They were always such a blessing! While she was visiting, she came to one of those mountain top Bible studies and met A.
He invited us to a church service with him. That very night, when he left the car to go and get something (probably a Big Gulp, I don't remember what) M wasted no time in telling me that she wanted to marry him and have his children!!! : )
She didn't let it show, though. It took some convincing on my part for him to realize that she liked him at all.
But, after that, they didn't waste much time! They beat us to the alter by 9 months. My future hubby and I, had the pleasure of being in their wedding.

M became one of my closest friends and she was in my wedding! She's a precious friend today and I love her so much!

So, we are looking forward to some fun in the sun and the Son this next week.
~Becky

No comments: