"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 20, 2007

Princesses of the King

The Missionettes are having a retreat!
Joy and I are actually going!!! (the Lord moved some mountains and made it possible for us to go even though we only found out about it at the last minute) We are really excited about attending an all girl event!!! Bless Joy's heart, we drag her to just about every Royal Ranger event known to man since my hubby and I teach the Ranger Kids and all her brothers are in Rangers.

The theme of the weekend is "His Princesses." Which is a lovely way to remind us that we are daughter's of the King of Kings! I love that! So, they are having a royal banquet and we are all to come dressed as princesses! (or in our Sunday best) I'm going to wear my bridesmaid's dress from a wedding I was in last year.

I have this other semi formal dress, that I bought at a garage sale years and years ago for $7.00. I just never could part with it because I thought it might come in handy someday. It didn't really come in handy to wear anywhere in public but I did have some fun in it when Joy was little. When she was 3 yrs. old, she used to ask me to put it on and then she'd put on her dress up clothes with her boa and plastic heels (too cute!) and we'd dance around the living room together to her favorite Christmas song. (but she doesn't remember that)

Today when I had that dress laying out, she said that she wished she could wear it as her princess gown. She tried it on and it pretty much fit her. It's a little long, but oh so, cute. All I need to do a little bit of altering to the waist but it looks adorable on her! She said that it really didn't look like it would fit me. -Gotta love that honesty. I said, "Let's not discuss that and pretend that it would!) ; )

This is the dress.

Do you think it needs some fake white fur around the shoulders for a stole? Can princesses wear black? Is there a way to shine up old cloudy rhinestones? We have a month to figure it out.....


Princess suggestions welcomed here! : )


~Becky

Who can't wait to go tiarra shopping!!!