"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 23, 2007

Wednesdays in the Word

Be anxious for.... homeschooling high school.
Be anxious for ...the finances to home school high school.
Be anxious for....curriculum choices for all your kids for next year.

This is the way I have been acting and Philippians 4:6 was such a good reminder to ...
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God;"

If I keep it up, Prov. 12:25 says

"Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression."
And I'd much rather have the second half of Phil. 4:6 instead! "- the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding..."

This is also a comfort from Ps. 138:
"The Lord will perfect (= accomplish, finish, fulfill) that which concerns me."
-Which at the moment, can you guess? It's homeschooling high school. : )
I'm so glad to have Him in on this! I believe it was His plan before it was Zach's desire or mine. So, I think I'll let Him be in charge and provide and I'll step down.

The Lord doesn't want us anxious and depressed. He's so good to us! : )

3 comments:

Robin Green said...

I feel for you. I completely know what that is like. I think you will find that it's not as daunting as you thought it would be. Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

GREAT post, Becky. And I'm watching with intensity, as I know I'll have to think about all this and face it in the years to come.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Yvonne said...

Amen! ~Yvonne