"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

March 7, 2007

Wednesdays in the Word

This is my 'parenting' list of verses. I have to look at this list often because I am always getting off track. (sorry I didn't take the time to list the references)


"Keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

~Strive to be in fellowship with my kids and close at heart


"In humility correcting those who are in opposition."

~Be gentle, don't raise my voice and correct in anger


"Let your gentleness be known to all men, the Lord is at hand."

~All men includes my kids ; )
~Try not to be harsh or upset and a great motivation here is: The Lord is coming!


"But at midnight Paul and Silas were praising and singing hymns to God...suddenly there was an earthquake."

~When things go wrong and times get hard -SING. The bound were set free in this story through praise! God will do a 'suddenly' on my behalf too if I choose praise.

Hope this blesses someone today!

~Becky

P.S. My favorite parenting articles are found at nogreaterjoy.org
Their free newletter/magazine is awesome! They convict the daylights out of me. My hubby had a magazine rack built in our bathroom when we remodeled it just for these magazines! That's how much they bless us. He wants to make sure he reads them ALL. ; ) Check them out!


No comments: