"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

March 10, 2007

I love this!!!!!

Last week one of the second graders in our class (my hubby and I teach k-2 grade boys at church)
asked if he could recite his 'Bible Challenge' for the class. He earned 4 feet of candy bars (taped together) at his Christian school for memorizing this.
Listening to him quote this by memory was powerful. I was choking up!
I asked his mom for a copy. The kids and I have been reading it aloud together before morning devotionals to get us ready to receive God's word.
I love the last paragraph!!! Here it is:

I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God's Holy Word.
I will make it a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
I will hide its words in my heart that I might not sin against God.
I will proclaim it on the streets and give my life for it, if need be.

For the Word of God is living and powerful.
Sharper than any double-edged sword,
It pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow;
It judges the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I have been taught the Holy Scriptures, from my youth
and they have given me the wisdom to receive the salvation
that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.

All Scripture is inspired by God
And is useful to teach me what is true
And to make me realize what is wrong in my life.
It straightens me out and teaches me to do what is right.
It is God's way of preparing me in every way,
Fully equipped for every good thing God wants me to do.

This is my Bible. I am what it says I am. I have what it says I have. I can do
what it says I can do. Today I will be taught the Word of God. I boldly confess.
My mind is alert. My heart is receptive. I will never be the same.

I am about to receive the incorruptible, indestructible, ever-living seed of
the Word of God. I will never be the same. Never! Never! Never! I will never
be the same. In Jesus' name, AMEN!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Becky, that's awesome. Is it from Royal Rangers? I may need to "borrow" it too.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Becky said...

Yes, feel free to 'borrow' it! : ) I did! The Rangers say the first paragraph which is known as 'The Pledge to the Bible.'
Before every sermon, our pastor used to have everyone hold up their Bible and say the second to the last paragraph with him. (that was before we came) I've heard him do it a few times and that is powerful too. I love the part that says "I am what it says I am. I have what it says I have..."