"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

March 25, 2007

Sewage or sweat?

Pow Wow was great! It's the best one I've been to yet. After walking around for 6 hours and riding the bus for 3, Joy and I were really tired campers when we got home. (who didn't actually camp! PTL!) We had 16 kiddos with us and they had a blast. I am so grateful for the Lord's protection over our day. (I often fear that someone will get lost and so I'm always counting heads etc..) The bus ride was interesting.......we ran a red light, went 20 mph over the speed limit at all times, tailgated someone, appeared to almost rear end them, and never stopped at a single railroad track. It was a wild ride. My hubby thinks he needs to get his own bus driving license now.

After church on Sunday, my house smelled like a certain canine who'd been left alone too long and who needs that chocolate mint spray. (see Goofy Dog Stories) I opened all the windows and lit some candles. (I don't need much of an excuse to light candles -I love them!!!) Later in the day, my 4 guys came home from their camping adventure looking like death warmed over, but happy. And they smelled like well, 'death warmed over' might be an appropriate phrase to repeat here. It was an indescribable smell, actually, one that fresh air and candles weren't putting a dint in. I thought this was so funny. -My hubby sat down and waited his turn for a shower and said "What is that bad smell?!" And I said "You guys!" He was shocked. He thought we must be having a sewage problem in one of the bathrooms or something! The bathrooms were fine. ha ha

Here are some of our favorite Pow Wow moments:

Joy, on Trader's Row, saying "Mom, I should have brought money! I need flint and steel."
Spoken like a true Ranger sister. (I don't think she needs to be able to make a fire out of nothing but she must think so and it's pretty cute!) : )

Nathan volunteered to carry a heavy back pack for one of the mom's for half the day. What a gentleman!

My hubby's favorite moment was when the Senior Commander of our outpost told him that our sons do what they are told and he wishes he had more like them. Good job, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And by far the greatest moment, was when Zach had the extreme privilege of praying with a young man to receive Christ as his Lord and Savior. Hallelujah!!!

Ranger motto: Reaching, teaching and keeping boys for Christ. : )

~Becky
who has a mountain of smelly laundry to finish

No comments: