"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

March 13, 2007

Uncle Phil leaves -twice





Today, started really early for us. As in 4:00 AM early. Uncle Phil had a really early flight out and our kids wanted to get up and go with Dad to drop him off at the airport. So, the same children who thought they were really sleep deprived because of daylight savings ; ) woke up at 4:00 AM and took a ride to the airport to give Uncle Phil a nice send off.


At 5:30 AM my hubby woke me up to say that his flight had been canceled and he was going back to airport to pick up Phil.


I let the kids sleep in some because of their early morning adventure and when I went to wake them all up, I said "when you get up you'll see a surprise." That did not rouse the boys out of bed, at all. Joy, did get up eventually get up and I heard this outside the bathroom door: "Mom! You said we'd have a surprise when we got up but I thought you just meant a good brand of cereal, because your surprises aren't usually very good. (thank you very much!) : ) But, when I got up, I found Uncle Phil in the family room!!!" She then went to yell that news to the boys, and they promptly jumped out of bed!
We drove to the airport for 'take two' later in the day. We'll look forward to his next visit in May.

~Becky

No comments: