"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 28, 2007

Wednesdays in the Word

On Wednesdays I love to share something from my favorite book of all time, the Bible. : )

Psalm 98 says "Oh sing to the Lord a new song! For He has done marvelous things..."

Oh my goodness, isn't His list of marvelous things done in our lives HUGE?
Some of my favorite marvelous things He's done have been:

-to let me get to know a very fired up youth leader who majorly impacted my life
-to grant permission to my wonderful hubby to ask me to marry him
-to entrust us with 4 'rewards from the Lord' to raise
-to add an addition on to our little house so that it was big enough to raise this fun family and He did it in such an amazing just about miraculous way. (see post: our amazing friend)
-to give me a supernatural healing from pneumonia and reactive airway disease
-to deliver me from all my fears

And there are many many more and this passage says we ought to break out the instruments and sing because of them! : )

"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises, sing to the Lord with the harp, with the harp and the sound of a psalm, with trumpets and the sound of a horn, shout joyfully before the Lord the King."

And of course, by far the most marvelous thing He did which is worthy of every song we could ever sing and will sing for eternity, is what Jesus made possible for all of us in His death on the cross.
"All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And "He is coming to judge the earth."

~Becky

No comments: