"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 9, 2007

Easter and ministry

Last year, the 'olive plants' and I were on the puppet team. I was the only adult on the team and the only one without rhythm! ; ) I could not get the whole lip sinc-ing with my hand, thing down. But, it was fun. We ministered on Easter in kid's church last year. I was assigned to operate a huge lollipop which required very little lip sinc ability. ; )

This year, Joy and Andrew, who are on the kids praise and worship team, joined a drama group that were performing "Behold the Lamb" in sign language for Easter in kid's church. I love, love, love that song! I knew I would bawl buckets seeing the kids 'sign' it, and I did. (even though I'd seen it numerous times in practice) It was powerful! It's amazing how in practice they looked a little flaky and they couldn't seem to get the kick right but in the REAL thing, the presence of the Lord came over these kids! The way they signed and the emotion on their faces and the power of the words, all came through. (and all 19 of them kicked in perfect time!)
(We, moms were in awe!)
It was anointed! I love when kids have the chance to minister. There isn't anything better, for young or old!

No comments: