"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 18, 2007

Wednesdays in the Word

My love walk has needed some work lately.
"...the love of God has been poured out into our hearts by the Holy Spirit" (Rom. 5:5) but I seem to have let something clog up the system because I haven't been letting that love pour forth to others like I should.

Someone at church gave our class a copy of 1 Cor. 13 - "the love chapter" in which they substituted the word "love" with the word "I" because we are suppose to be love. I thought that was a great idea. It is in the Amplified version, I believe. I've been praying these verses lately and they have been a convicting blessing. : )

"I endure long. I am patient and kind. I am never envious and never boil over with jealousy. I am not boastful or vainglorious, and I do not display myself haughtily. I am not rude or unmannerly, and I do not act unbecomingly. I do not insist on my own rights or my own way. for I am not self-seeking, touchy, fretful, or resentful. I do not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but I rejoice when right and truth prevail. I bear up under anything and everything that comes. I am ever ready to believe the best of others. My hopes are fadeless under all circumstances. I endure everything without weakening because the love of God in me never fails."

~Blessings,

Becky

No comments: