"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 26, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday

When I decide to make this recipe my kids get really excited. They love it.
It's a spaghetti sauce that I think is 'fancy' enough for company too. Go and visit Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for more wonderful recipes.


Italian Beef Spaghetti Sauce

2 lb. beef chuck roast cut in one inch cubes
2 med. onions in chunks
1 red sweet pepper
1 can of spaghetti sauce
1 zucchini (there would be a revolt if I added this at my house, but you might like it) : )
salt pepper
whole wheat pasta

In crock pot put beef, onions, red pepper and spaghetti sauce. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hrs. or on high for 5 hrs. Serve over pasta. Serves 4-5. I usually double this for my gang plus company.
Blessings,
~Becky

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Yummy, can't wait to try!

Thank you for sharing!

mjpuzzlemom said...

This looks good... and the kids like zucchinni here!

Renee's Ramblings said...

This looks great! Thanks for sharing.