"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 5, 2007

Cravings for Key Lime Pie

I remember that I craved something different with all four of my pregnancies but I don't remember what I craved while prego with Zachary. I do remember going to a Checkers one evening really late, for some fries....And they had either run out or their fryer was broken, I don't remember which but I was so devastated (aka hormonal) that I CRIED...literally. My poor hubby.
Then with Nathan, I craved ice cream. And ate it faithfully, every night!

With Joy, I craved McDonald's chicken sandwiches and fries and my sweet hubby made lots of late night runs over there.

With Andrew, it was key lime pie!!!!

Yesterday, I found out that I can make an easy one for a lot, lot less $ and it tastes just as good as the ones from the bakery we used to buy.

Here is the recipe that one of the members of our home school group shared.
It's a good thing I didn't have this recipe back then or Andrew may have weighed more than 10 lbs and 8 oz when he was born at home and if he did, I wouldn't be here today. ha ha ; )

Easy Key Lime Pie
1graham cracker crust
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice
2 cups Cool Whip

Mix milk and lime juice until combined. Chill until set. Top with Cool Whip.
Serves 8
And sure to meet any key lime cravings! : )
~Becky

No comments: