"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 11, 2007

Wednesdays in the Word

Here in Florida we can really relate to these verses about palm trees from Psalm 92:


"The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
shall flourish in the courts of our God.
They shall still bear fruit in old age.
They shall be fresh and flourishing,
to declare that the Lord is upright;
He is my rock and there is no unrighteousness in Him."






I was sharing with our kids this verse about the righteous flourishing like a palm tree and they were really surprised to find out that our palm used to be this little wispy thing...


Because now, it is this big, huge thing ....



(these are my guys hanging Christmast lights with my hubby last year)
I guess you could say that the house did some 'flourishing' too, because we put on an addition, but that is still the same tree and it is a great word picture for us! : )

~Becky

1 comment:

Robin Green said...

My dad lives in Fort Myers, and I love his palm trees. It's so different from what we have here in my part of Mississippi. I wish I had some blueberries to give you--believe me I would be very generous if only I had some. I'm a little eager for deer season to get here now--I have no deer left in the freezer--or blueberries either.