"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 3, 2013

Wednesdays in the Word

"Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:12

Such a beautiful story about loving others in Jesus' name by Edith Schaeffer. I was sooo challenged in reading it that I thought I'd share it today.


“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ Matt. 25:44-45


We have a friend who passes out zip lock bags to the homeless who are asking for money. Love that idea. Here is what she puts in each bag:
a granola bar
a Slim Jim
box of raisins
deodrant
shampoo
toothbrush
toothpaste
and the Gospel of John

Challenged to open my eyes and be a blessing to those around me,
~Becky


No comments: