"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 16, 2013

Resigning from things

Last Thursday and Friday, I spent 7 hours doing yard work (and bribing my kids to help me) while trying to resign from being the house on the street with the most neglected yard. There were four days of rain in the forecast, so we raked and bagged leaves and planted grass seeds with a vengeance while watching the darkening sky. -Not until Friday night did it actually rain, and instead of four days worth, we got 20 minutes worth. Ugh!!!  Florida! Why do I ever believe the weather forecast?

Anyway, in the middle of that crazy, grimy time,
something epic was happening.
Nathan was finishing up high school. Friday, he took his last final exam here at Blessed Academy. Ahhhh!!!! He's dual enrolled at the community college, so he has two courses to finish up there and then he's ready to graduate.
*He and I are both SO glad that he is done homeschooling.*
We did it!!! Hooray!!!! And we didn't kill each other in the process. ; )
It was rough at times. (just keeping it real)
I'm thrilled to be resigning as his teacher and am looking forward to my new role as his biggest fan and cheerleader from here on out.
Totally love this guy!
~Becky, 
with two down and two more graduates to go! : )

No comments: