"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 10, 2013

Wednesdays in the Word

I've been meditating on these verses lately:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." ~Mt. 11:28-29

Such a popular portion of scripture that everyone's almost got it memorized without even trying! So, I've been trying to look at it with new eyes and really memorize it.
It's been my prayer that I would indeed "come" and "learn" from Him.
I want to "be gentle and humble in heart" like He is.
And maybe it is because I am short, ; )
 but when I picture taking part of a yoke with HIM, I picture it being lopsided with all the weight on His side. Amen? True 'rest' can't be found anywhere else.

Blessings,
Becky

No comments: