"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 30, 2008

Wednesdays in the Word

Psalm 82 is special to me. It reminds me of a mission we all have and I've been reading it a lot lately. I used it for a devotional with the kiddos this morning.
Here are the highlights:

"Defend the poor and fatherless;
Do justice to the afflicted and needy.
Deliver the poor and needy;
Free them from the hand of the wicked. They do not know, nor do they understand; they walk about in darkness..."

Isn't that so true.
So many people walk about in darkness and need to be freed from the 'hand of the wicked one.'
I think the second part of verse 6 is the key to people being free:
"And all of you are children of the Most High."
I have a note I've written to myself in my Bible that says "Tell people who their Dad is!"
They may be "fatherless" on earth but they can have the Most High as their Dad!
Knowing that you are really royalty because the King of Kings is your Father, totally changes your life. You don't "walk about in darkness" any longer.
The thing is "They do not know, nor do they understand..." And so they have to be told.

~Becky

No comments: