"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 2, 2008

Wednesdays in the Word


Yesterday the kiddos and I studied Ephesians 5:20-21. I think I need to make these verses my motto!
"...giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,"
Giving thanks for ALL things. Giving thanks for the blessings is easy but the trials aren't so easy. How about giving thanks even BEFORE we see
Rom. 8:28 happen. - "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Gotta work on that...
And verse 21, which I like how the NIV words it:
"submit to one another out of reverence for Christ." Now that one is really speaking to me right now.
The kids and I discussed how submitting to others is a way to honor the Lord. And honoring the Lord is something we should be desperate to do.
So, we submit and not necessarily because:
~someone is right
~someone is nice about it
~someone knows what they are doing
~we feel like it or because it makes sense
But because in so doing, we honor Jesus.
~Becky

1 comment:

Fortunate Feller said...

This reminds me of the story of Joseph. He everything go wrong before it went right. At any point in time he could have said to God, "enough is enough, I am done." But He recognized a bad day in prison, a bad day in a pit, a bad day as a slave, having someone sabotage you, being forgotten is better than one day without being in His presence and will. Ouch! I think I need to go pray! Great post Becky!

Shannon