"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 18, 2008

A neat thing happened in the airport..but my librarian might not think so

I'm going to the library today and I have a confession to make and a book to pay for.
But not because I lost it....
Actually, I gave it to someone because God worked out this wild divine appointment
in the airport in Green Bay last week.
It all happened because a sweet elderly lady, tries to talk to at least one person about Jesus, every time she travels. And I was so blessed to be present.

As were were waiting by the gate she walked by and chatted with a young man near me who was about 18 or 19 yrs. old who had on a Brett F*rve jersey and had a cheese head hat in his lap. She noticed the book I was reading and that led to a conversation about what church she goes to and what church I go to and what church this young man goes to.
And before I knew it, this gracious woman invited this young man to come and sit between the two of us so that we could share with him about how to be saved.
To my surprise, he gladly got up and sat with us and listened to her share about how we are all sinners and that our good works can't save us and that we need Jesus.
And I'll never forget this: he turned to me and asked to hear my story. How amazing is that!?
Sometimes it seems like people don't want to "hear the hope that's within us" but some actually do! Wow!!!
Before we parted I felt led to give him what I was reading:
Even though it happened to belong to the library....
It seemed absolutely perfect for someone who wanted to know more about Jesus.
Guess what?
This book was soon on its way to Minnesota and then to Germany which is where this young man lives!
I'm not very good at remembering names, but the Lord made it really easy for me to remember his so that I can be praying for him by name. You see it actually rhymes with the word 'cheese' which seemed all too appropriate there in Wisconsin. LOL
I ran into this sweet woman later in the terminal and she said:
"Let's you and I always try to carry a book that we can give away to someone while we are traveling."
~Isn't that a great idea? But next I'll make sure it isn't library book. : )
So, today, I have the immense honor and pleasure of paying for this book and continuing to pray for this dear young man. PTL!
~Becky

2 comments:

4Me2Know said...

Beyond cool! A total God moment. Thanks for sharing this encouraging account.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Yvonne said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Becky...it is so encouraging to hear about people who listen to God and actually do what He tells them to do...despite what our humanly common sense tells us. Thanks for being obedient...and giving with joy. : )