"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 7, 2007

Wednesdays in the Word

I love lists! I'm a list person.
Well, last year I made myself this little daily check list of scriptures....
I just found it yesterday and was it ever a good reminder!

Today:
Have I "let my light so shine before men that they may see my good works and glorify my Father in Heaven?"

Have I had a thankful spirit and "rejoiced in the Lord?"

Have I found a way to "go the extra mile?"

Have I "put on the whole armor of God?"

Have I "let the word of Christ dwell in me richly?"

Have I resisted "returning evil for evil?"

Have I "worked as unto the Lord and not to men?"

Have I kept "my mind on things above and not on things of the earth?"

Have I "honored all people, (my kiddos included) loved the brotherhood, feared God and honored the king?"

Have I made sure not to "provoke my children to wrath" or caused them to "become discouraged?"

Have I spent time "training them up in the way they should go?"

Have I "prayed without ceasing?"

Have I "let the peace of Christ dwell in me richly?"

Have I been "faithful in what is least" so I can be faithful in much someday?"

Have I "honored my husband" and "submitted to him as to the Lord" for he is my head?"

Have I "put on the Lord Jesus Christ and made no provision for the flesh?"

And finally have I "looked for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ?"


That is some list!
Maybe I will loose it again on purpose. Just kidding! ; )
I'm glad I found it and I need to be looking at it quite often!
~Becky

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list! This is a good way to keep yourself accountable. We are talking about just such things in our bible study these days as we study how to "become a woman of excellence."

Your name is in the pot ... er ... bowl.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hey Becky! Come check out what happened at my place this morning.

You won!

Please email me your full name and address, or the name and address of the one you want to receive the subscription, and I'll get right on that.

Thanks for playing.

Keep warm.

Ginger said...

Just found your blog. As a fellow listmaker, I really enjoyed this list! This will be a big help!

Blessings!