"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 3, 2007

A new season of ministry

For the last 5 years my hubby and I have been teaching a Royal Ranger class together.

Here are some of the things I've learned over the years teaching 35 Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade boys:

Don't even bother to pass out pink scissors, none of the boys will use them

Cleaning up another child's throw up is much harder than cleaning up your own child's throw up

Make sure that all snacks are the same or there could be a riot


Little boys are like dogs. They sense fear. Always act or at least fake total confidence when teaching

Identical twins can be ruthless. Especially when they refuse to tell you which one is which. If you don't know who is who then just pretend you do.
(if you call them by the wrong name they will correct you and voila! -You'll have your answer!)

And finally, you may never want to play dodge ball again if you trip over a little guy and hit the gravel face first. Ugh!

My hubby is doing a fabulous job teaching these little guys. And he is my hero!
We feel like it is time for me to help in the youth group now.
I enjoyed my season of giving cups of warm Kool Aid in His Name... It was never boring and I'm going to miss it. : )

~Becky

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is hilarious, and so true. The throw up one especially. Eeeek.

Good job answering the call to serve!

Anonymous said...

Cups of warm Kool Aid in His name. ;)

Becky, my son just threw up today; first day at a new church (Miss Sniz' church, who posts on my blog. Her dad is the pastor. Nice first day experience, don'tcha think? LOL!)
Blessings,
~Toni~