"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 16, 2007

Better than a horse whisperer

Since my hubby's back is still on the mend, he missed church Wednesday night.
I knew that his class of 34 boys was going to be short handed without him so I went to help out. I think in reality, it would take three of me to be as effective as he is but I went anyway. : )

His new helpers were telling me all about how wonderful he is with the boys and how much patience he has. (and I totally agree!)

My favorite compliment was this one:

One of the ladies asked me if I knew about the Horse Whisperer and then she said,
"Well, I tell people that your husband is the Boy Whisperer!
There is something about his voice and the way he talks to the boys...
It makes them want to obey him and he is the only person they will listen to."

I thought that was pretty sweet.
~Becky
-who is proudly married to the "Boy Whisperer"

Here he is teaching near the white board. He's really fond of the boys but not so fond of the uniform. ; )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great compliment. Even more special is a wife who knows her husband is a hero. Good for you to say it out loud about him.

I used to be an Awana leader and I was not fond of that uniform either.