"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 27, 2007

The beloved ladder

I realized that the ladder is showing in Joy's birthday picture in the last post.
It isn't because we are painting anything.
It happens to provide the best entertainment at our house. : ) And it is one of our kiddos' favorite things. So we are very happy to keep it here for the company my hubby works for when it isn't in use.

They love to:

take this swing
and climb part of the way up this ladder


and put the swing between their legs and jump off...


and then they land on this...

And it is so much fun! And they make it look so easy.
But I know it isn't because I chickened out on it last week. Not that I had any plans of landing on the tramp, they just wanted me to jump off the ladder with the swing. And as I was standing up there on it, I kept picturing myself with a broken bone and unable to cook Thanksgiving dinner. So, I climbed back down.... I think I made the right decision. ; )
I often pray for protection for that 'fun' they are having and God has been so faithful!



~Becky

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, you are a nice mama. I would freak out with that. My mom let us do things like that though. I cannot believe some of the stuff she stood and watched us enjoy.

It does look like fun. If only I were 10 again.