"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 3, 2008

Lil' Jimmy

This all seems vaguely familar for some reason...

Feedings every two hours,

'baby' food on our clothes,

lots of poop,

extra laundry

and lots of cuddles.

The differences between this baby and our four, is that this one is a bird and it sleeps all night, something our kiddos didn't really do. : )

We picked up our parrotlet yesterday! The kiddos have named him Lil' Jimmy.

Here he is:

He is ever so sweet and fragile! And nothing like Chipper.

(ignore that date! We haven't set Joy's camera yet)

We have to feed him with a dropper every two hours. I haven't quite got the hang of it yet and squirted food in his eye, poor thing! Isn't he tiny? My hubby and I did the first feeding.

Next came Joy's turn. She is really getting the hang of it. She didn't get any food in his eye. ; )


And what hadn't occured to me is that he will also have to be our traveling buddy anytime we'll be away from home for more than 2 hours. That is just now registering with me.
The breeder used to take him around in a purse or her husband's shirt pocket. (this may be the reason we never become breeders) : )

In two weeks, he will be eating on his own. Until then, he needs to be cuddled, kept warm and fed by hand.

And did I mention that he poops every 15 min?!

They told us that he needs to sleep next to a light for warmth and well, my Taco shop was the only one we had on hand.

As you can see, he was pretty intrigued by it.
He probably spent the whole night dreaming about guacamole! ; ) I'm jealous!

~Becky

3 comments:

Susan said...

Well at least the taco shop is getting used for a good reason. It's keeping the little guy warm and entertained.

Unknown said...

That is hilarious. A guac lovin' bird!

That is the tiniest bird I have ever seen. And pretty high maintenance. I hope y'all take turns through the night and day. That is a big job. But no diapers!

Anonymous said...

What a neat blog! I'm glad I saw you on the AG web ring ! :0)