"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 13, 2008

It is well

We've been blessed to be hearing the hymn "It is well" resounding in our house all week. (about 25 times a day!)

Our son Nathan is going to play it at the state fair tomorrow!!!

His piano teacher is having her students perform in the old country church in the living history village. We are so excited for him and a little nervous. He only learned how to play the song last week! But he excels under pressure! I wish I did. He is my hero. : )

Even though "it is well with my soul" my body needs a little help. I caught a beastly cold and I hope to be better by tomorrow so I don't miss this big event! I've been laying low today.

Nathan's piano teacher also has all the family members of the students who are performing, sing a song together for the finale. (this qualifies us all as 'entertainers' and our families get free admission)
We'll be singing "Holy, Holy, Holy."
Seeing our tickets marked "Entertainers" is a little scary. His piano teacher has obviously never heard me sing before.
I may be mouthing it because even without a cold, I've only been gifted with the ability to "make a joyful noise." ; )

~We will be praying that these hymns will touch the hearts of people visiting the fair and that they would be reminded of the One who "hath regarded their helpless estate and hath shed His own blood for their soul."
~Becky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the old hymns...several years ago I had the opportunity to teach a preschool choir...I taught them "Oh the Blood of Jesus"...it was beautiful to hear :)

Unknown said...

That it so cool about your son...I love that hymn! And all God cares about is if the noise we make is praising Him, not if we sing on key. (and boy, am I glad!)

Toni said...

LOL! Becky, you cracked me up with your "make a joyful noise" comment. Ha!!!

I love the hymn (It Is Well) and I think it's soooo cool that it will be played in the old country church. Awesome!
Blessings,
~Toni~