"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 11, 2008

Goals for Mom

The other day, one of our boys told me,
that there are two things that I need to learn to do before I die.
I was quite intrigued and I began wondering what these two important things must be.
Plus, I'd just heard a sermon on how we need to be obedient to the Lord to accomplish all that He has planned for each of us to do while we are on earth.
Here is what he said:

"Mom, you need to learn how to make artichokes and fried chicken."

~Too funny! I should've guessed that a list from a teenage boy would have to do with food. ; )




~Becky

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe your teenager wants artichokes! That's impressive. You'll have to let us know if you do figure out to make them to his liking!

Susan said...

I would like to know why he picked that combination.

Toni said...

Well, I don't know about fried chicken, but the artichokes are definitely worth making. Love 'em.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. so funny that teen boys would combine fried chicken and artichokes in the same sentence.

Brian Bowen said...

Ok so I comment surfed onto your site.. not real sure where the first comment was that led to a different site/comment that led to a different site with a comment you made... that of course brought me here.

I figured I would encourage you to follow up on the artichoke thing. They are soooo easy to make. Simply boil them. Then melt some butter with garlic salt to dip the leaves in... oh my... simply delicious. And of course once the leaves are gone you get to enjoy the hearts... mmm mmmm

Both my kids love them. 11 year old daughter and a 14 yera old son

Unknown said...

Fried chicken is a science. Artichokes you can have :)