"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 7, 2008

The best investment

I came across this old Chinese proverb today and it reminded me of my hubby:

"If your vision is for a year, plant wheat.
If your vision is for ten years, plant trees.
If your vision is for a lifetime, plant people."

Isn't that great?!
My hubby totally lives and believes in investing in people.
The best thing is that first and foremost, he invests in our little people. (which aren't so little anymore)
I am so thankful for the passionate way he invests himself into their lives. ~All five of us, are so very blessed! : )
~Becky

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool. That should be written in Calligraphy and framed---maybe as a Father's Day gift? :-)

Susan said...

I love this. I also love it when men invest in their families it is the best gift they could ever give them.

Sharon said...

Hi! I came to your blog via JennaG's. :0) It appears you too may be Assembly of God. Am I right? It was nice meeting you. If so, you may be interested in joining the Assembly of God blog ring. You can find more information about it on my blog. Thanks for the nice visit! Blessings! ~Sharon~

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the title of your blog and the theme verse :0)
I will be back to visit!
Christelle @ Beloved MaMa

Unknown said...

I am catching up with you and I love this. Very good quote and even better when put into action.