"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 25, 2008

Making more than breakfast

On Sundays we are up and out of the house pretty early since we have a bit of a drive.
To coax us out of bed, my hubby enjoys making us a delicious breakfast every week. ~And do we EVER enjoy it!!!
Andrew is Daddy's breakfast helper.
He loves to get up early to help him cook. He and daddy happen to be total morning people.
Andrew wakes up with a smile on his face every day! I just love it.

One Monday he told me:
"It's so fun to cook with the best dad in the world. Cracking eggs really wakes me up. You know with all that gooey stuff coming out and all. I just couldn't ask for a better dad. Some dads are too nice and they spoil their kids. Some dads are too mean and harsh! But, some dads train their kids to do what's right and then they thank them!"

Isn't that sweet?!

(~maybe I should try cracking some eggs the next time I have trouble getting up in the morning) ; )


~ Becky

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A teenaged boy said that? Wow. That is so awesome.

Becky said...

No, he's the 8 yr. old. I love that age!!! : )
They say such cute things.

Unknown said...

That is amazing! What a wonderful young son. And what a wonderful husband. Sounds like he is YOUR Butler.

Susan said...

Wow you guys are doing the right thing. Training them up and look at the path they are already following. What a great Godly legacy you are leaving.

Anonymous said...

that's so sweet...what a cute comment he had...it's so good to see dads truly raising their boys to be wonderful men :)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!!! I knew liked you guys when I met you!! I love this story!! Can I put it in the HS Newsletter??
JAMIE