"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 27, 2008

Wednesdays in the Word

We had quite a thunderstorm last night at bedtime.
One of our kiddos was a little frightened and wanted prayer.
After praying, all I could think of was Julie Andrew's saying "The lightening says something to the thunder and the thunder answers back."
And because Joy and I had just watched The Sound*of*Music over the weekend, I had to break out singing "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad...." and twirling around the room. : )
But what is MUCH better than singing (off key) about "your favorite things" when you're afraid, is to read what Psalm 27 says.
"Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear.
Though war may rise up against me,
in this I will be confident.
One thing have I desired of the Lord,
that will I seek'
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the Lord
and to inquire in His temple.
For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion,
in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me.
He shall set me high upon a rock."
~Becky
who is a big Sound*of*Music fan!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Ya gotta love the Sound of Music!! So what if you sing off key a little . . . not all are blessed with the gift of a musical talent, but we can all sing His praises!! (Were you really dancing around the room??) LOL