"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 31, 2007

Wednesdays in the Word

The kids and I have had a couple studies in Philippians 2 recently.

Here are some things that stood out to us as to how we can "shine as lights in the world":

1. Look out not only for our own interests but also for the interests of others. (verse 4)
~A good reminder that everything is NOT all about us. : )

2. Esteem others better than ourselves. (verse 3)
~A good reminder to serve other people.

3. Do all things without complaining and disputing. (verse 14)
~Oh, ouch! I've got to work on the complaining and I know a few or four (to be exact) kiddos who could use some work on the disputing part. ; )

Then we will "rejoice in the day of Christ." (verse 16)
And what a day that will be!
These verses make me want to SING and SHOUT and get my worship C.D.'s out!!!

"Therefore God has highly exalted Him
and given Him the name which is above every name.
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of those in heaven, and of those on earth,
and of those under the earth,
and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father." (verses 9-11)
~Becky

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Philippians is one of my favorite books. I love the whole concept of joy ... learning to be joyful ... accepting a contented heart even when we don't have circumstances that make us content.

Maybe more than loving the concept, I am challenged by it. But joy is always a good goal, no matter what.