"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 18, 2007

The B-I-B-L-E

Andrew has had to scrounge around for Bibles to take to church lately.

And he's not been too thrilled to use Zach's first Bible which weighs a couple of pounds at least and is falling apart. He'd rather use Daddy's pocket size Bible. But, since he has lost two Bibles already, I haven't been in a hurry to buy him his first really nice one either.

But yesterday was the day!

And oh, how special it was!


"Are you going to put this picture on the blog? Oh good. Are you going to say that it is real leather and has giant print? Good. And that it has red thingies? And maps in the back?!"

I don't know that I've ever seen a kiddo more excited about the words of Jesus in red before. : ) It's pretty cute. Here's some more of the things he's said about it that warm my heart:

"Can I take it in the car with me to Wal*Mart?"

"Have you ever seen how many words of Jesus are in red in Revelation?!"

"I can't believe it's real leather!"

"I'm bringing it with me wherever I go."

"The Bible is what my life is all about!"

~Becky

1 comment:

Robin Green said...

I think it's just wonderful that Andrew is excited about his Bible--it looks a lot like my son's. Yes, we travel three hours, but we always go down the night before and do something fun with the kids. We have done it all in one day before--the tbq will have to this next time--but it does make for a very long and hard day. What is really bad is that we only have 3 tbq teams in the state and two of them are from our town. Needless to say, jbq/tbq isn't all the rage in Mississippi.