"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 2, 2007

Turkey day is on the way

Have I mentioned that we don't live in the suburbs or on a piece of land?
We live smack dab in the middle of the city on a street with houses built in the 50's, if you don't count the two 'new' ones across the street where a lovely wooded lot used to be.
Because of the 50's we all have nice size yards though.

That is why I was so surprised when I came home from our trip and heard a commotion on the side of the house.

I thought it would be the doggy welcoming committee having it out with Honey as usual. But what I saw were these guys:




It was a big surprise!





And are they ever ugly up close!

I guess my neighbors are getting excited about Thanksgiving! All I can think is that they must be planning on having a lot of company!

That one fella looks like he could feed 20 people all by himself.... poor guy. ; )

~Becky

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh Becky! How funny! I would have been surprised too! ~Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Where's my slingshot? ;)
Becky, how funny is this? I was cracking up at your, um, "feelings" about them too ("Are they ever ugly up close.")
At least you thought to grab the camera and snap some shots. Way to go!
Blessings,
~Toni~

Unknown said...

I have heard that turkeys can be extremely mean. Maybe they know someone will be running after them with an ax before long.

Be careful.