"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 1, 2012

Wednesdays in the Word

During a rough week, these verses blessed my socks off:
"For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge until these calamities have passed by." Psalm 57:1 -Love it!
And this one:
"I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me." v. 2
And then I got really excited about that last part and being all Type A-ish and since I had several things,
I decided to make the Lord a list of all the things that I wanted him to 'perform' for me. : )
Not all of them were for me though, some were about things facing our friends.
Guess what?
 At the end of the day, I learned to trust and I got to watch the amazing ways in which He 'performed.'
     -You know the Lord is intervening for your son when a college admin office is closed and you just happen to meet the woman you talked to yesterday in the empty parking lot and she offers to help with your paper work in the office that is CLOSED. Whoo-hoo! 
At the end of the same day, I had fun checking almost all the items off that list... Amazing!
And I was reminded that the verse says "UNTIL these calamities have passed by" meaning they aren't here to stay,
even if it looks that way! : )


"For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens and your truth unto the clouds." v. 10

~Becky

No comments: