"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 22, 2012

Wednesdays in the Word

I love praying the Word over my family.
Here's a peek at the verses that are finding their way into my prayers lately:

For the new driver in the family: "So the Lord preserved David wherever he went." 2 Sam. 8:6 (and he was fighting in battles which were worse than being on our highways right?) : )

For our kiddos with dyslexia: "God gave them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom..." Dan. 1:17

For my hubby: I love to pray that he be like Bezeel whom "God filled with the spirit of wisdom and understanding in knowledge and all manner of workmanship." Ex. 38:31
Also: "You surround the righteous with favor as with a shield." Ps. 5:12
"You are the Lord who teaches us to profit and leads us in the way we should go." Is. 48:17

For our children: Our "children shall be taught by the Lord and great shall be the peace of our children. In righteousness they shall be established." Is. 54:13 And for several years, I've been praying these specific verses for them from Luke 2.

Thank you, Lord for being "The Lord of Hosts who is wonderful in counsel and excellent in guidance"
because I need it! : )
 Is. 28:29

~Becky

No comments: