"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 26, 2012

Cheering on Frodo tomorrow?

We started our 15th year of homeschooling on Monday! Whoo-hoo! And it looks like we'll get some time off already...due to Hurricane Isaac.

 I grew up in southern California where we never had a 'snow day' and writing 'hurricane day' in our logs, still strikes me as really odd!

During the only hurricane that really effected our area, we spent the day enjoying a Lord of the Rings movie marathon. We were the only ones on our street with power! So, all these years later, our kids still associate hurricanes with LOTR and we joke that we can't watch those movies without one. ; )
We don't need a hurricane to quote our favorite lines though and Joy and Dad like to try and stump each other with which movie their quotes come from.

So, if the kids catch wind of the fact that the public schools are closed tomorrow,
I guess I know what we'll be doing!

One of my faves is "I am no man!" ~Eowyn, Return of the King

~Becky

No comments: