"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 16, 2012

What's up

Our boys are back, yay!
Our oldest and his friend made a video of their travels to NC, which had us all longing to go to the mountains. I wasn't personally envying the tent camping part of the video, but my hubby was. They seemed to get a lot of rain and had to whittle wet wood to start their fires. -They also got lots of footage of an elderly couple who were hippies and were either doing some kind of worship to the sun early one morning outside their tent or a really freaky version of yoga...) LOL

Nathan's human video team came in 7th in the nation! Whoo-hoo! We picked him up at midnight on Saturday and he was brimming with stories of what the Lord did that week.

I've been busy lesson planning for school which starts on Monday. I'm going to try something revolutionary this year....cooking my family breakfast and lunch! ; )
I'm not really a breakfast cooking mama. I'm a grab-yourself-some-cereal-and-get-started-on-your-school-work mama. When I told my oldest son who happens to be an I-hate-cereal-kind-of-guy my plan, he said "I'll believe it when I see it." ; ) Hubby won't be eating the breakfast and neither will I, which takes some of the fun out of it, but we are still on our fruit smoothie kick.
 I love to start a new school year with a tight (probably unrealistic schedule) and some lofty goals and plans to make our year better. So, we'll see how long this lasts, I mean, how well it goes! ; )

I've been having a blast teaching the high school girls Bible study. I rotate with another dear woman, and so I get the next 6 weeks off while she teaches. And I'll miss them!!! They are such a fun bunch. Last week, our lesson had us laughing til our sides hurt. It was on Witnessing and how we can turn conversations toward Christ. (which is awesome) But the lesson said that if a friend of theirs was hurting because she'd broken up with her boyfriend, they could say:
 "Its OK. Jesus was rejected too."
 Ummmm, no!
That would not go over well at all.
After we got over the shock, we were rolling!

Happy new school year, Friends!
~Becky

No comments: