"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 1, 2012

A great read

I know I mentioned this book in an earlier post, but I just can't say enough about how moving it is and I just finished it. If you haven't read it, do.
 I told my hubby all about it on a date the other night and he and I were both in tears, which looked rather weird to our server, I'm sure. 
If you'd like to go to Katie Davis' blog, I put a link to her ministry Amazima (which is Truth in the Ugandan language)
on the sidebar to the right.
What I love about her story is what God can do with one willing vessel. -And doesn't it seem like He does (and has always done)  the coolest things with godly TEENS?
God, through Katie, is the reason 14 orphans have a mom, 400 children are being sponsored to get an education and 19 women are earning and income making jewelry instead of selling their bodies, making alcohol or digging for food at the local dump! 
Just to name just a few things from the book. Amazing huh? 


"I remind myself over and over that Christ incarnated in the parent is the only hope of incarnating Christ in the child." ~Katie Davis


Becky




No comments: