"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 20, 2012

Homeschooling momma faux pas

I handed Nathan The Hiding Place to start reading today. He just finished Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis for Bible and I was glad that he would be reading something easier. (and he may or may not have fallen asleep reading it a couple of times) : )

As we drove to worship band practice, I asked him how he liked it. And he said "Have you read that book?" And I said that I've listened to it on tape and I saw the movie. -Love Corrie Ten Boom!
Then he described the first chapter: and did not say things that sounded remotely familiar about Corrie and her family and their clock repair business and hiding the Jews.
No, it was more like this:
a woman woke up from a comma, found out her husband had divorced her for another woman and her best friend was killed by her spouse who then committed suicide...or something like that...
This is how I found out that there is more than one book called The Hiding Place and I'm pretty sure he didn't fall asleep today. ; )

~Becky

No comments: