"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

March 26, 2012

A fun day in the land of motherhood

I spent part of my morning reading this with Joy:


She is reading Little Women for school and whenever I have time, I love reading it with her. I didn't read this book until I was an adult (on vacation at my in-laws) and it holds a special place in my heart. It has such great character building lessons that I think it should be required reading.


                                                      In the afternoon, we watched this:


                                                               
                                                                  and started on this:

                                                       
Joy and I helped out with an outreach our church does for the community which includes 65,000 Easter eggs. We were about to 'stuff' 2,000 of those when Joy suggested that we have an "Anne of Green Gables marathon" while we worked on them. My 'kindred spirit!'
It reminded me of my high school years and the girls I hung out with. We couldn't get enough of Anne or Jesus!
We were just a year or two older than Joy is now. 

Then I grew up and raised my kids on Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. (even the boys!) This story proves it. : )  (even my hubby has been known to quote Gilbert on a occasion) lol

I guess it has been several years since we've watched the videos though, because Joy said it felt like she was seeing them for the first time.
She was laughing at all the funny parts and 'awwing' at the cute ones. What a treat it was to enjoy them all over again with her. 

That night I thought about how blessed I am to have such a sweet girl of my own. 
A girl who:
 can 'hold her own' with boys like 'Jo,'  who is dreamy, determined and fun like 'Anne' 
and best of all, 
a girl who LOVES Jesus like her momma! 

~Becky

No comments: