"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 2, 2016

Growing and learning

One of my friends and I get together once a week or so to do crafty things and she taught me how to crochet. I just finished this for Joy!


After ripping it apart at least 10 times!  Joy wants it to be known that the colors are way prettier in person than in these pictures. : )



I've joined a widows support group at our church.
The other members are quite a bit older than I am.  -They talk about things like what doctor to go to if you need a hearing aid, retirement and whether or not they should go and live with their children!
 I had to give an emergency contact number when I joined. ; )
It meets once a month and those ladies are so dear!
And when it is time to pray, they get down to business! 🙏🏻
I love it!
The group provides a series of booklets called Journeying through Grief by Kenneth Haugk and every few months you receive a new one and it relates to what you are most likely facing at that time in the process. It has been very helpful.
Today I read this:

"In a sense, grieving is actually a show of faith. We are trusting God to hold us in our most vulnerable time, when our feelings are raw, our life is in pieces, and our strength is gone. If that isn't faith, I'm not sure what is." ❤️

~Becky

No comments: