"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

December 22, 2015

Grieving and Christmas

Those are two words that I didn't ever picture applying to myself...at least not for 25 or 30 years! But, here we are!
On the plus side, Christmas is full of all kinds of wonderful, happy distractions, while our hearts are healing.
The message that Jesus is Emmanuel (God with us) is so comforting as we miss our dear one who used to be with us!

People often say to me: "At least you still have your kids."
True. 
(Not the same. But, true.) 
I'm blessed that they bring me nothing but joy, encouragement and lots of laughs!
Thank the Lord, I am not an empty-nester and a widow this Christmas! Oh, my stars, that would be rough!

I'm grateful that on Christmas morning, I will wake up in a house with 2 young adults and one teenager. It will be loud and wrapping paper will be strewn everywhere, just like always! Our favorite newlyweds will pop over and enjoy the day with us. Games will be played and way too much eating will take place. Then we will head to the movies to see Star Wars and visit friends, who've become family, and have dessert.
It will be a wonderful day despite our loss.
 
And the best part of any day is ALWAYS Jesus, and remembering what He's done for us!
 

~Becky

No comments: