"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 28, 2015

Praying and believing


 "For I will restore health to you and heal you of all your wounds." 
 ~ Jer. 30:17


This is the week we've been waiting for.
Yesterday, Hubby had a CT scan and today we hear the results.

I had a personal break through the other day, when I realized how discontent I am with my "now."
I'm always pressing for this trial to be over and for things to be "back to normal."
It hit me that we are in a cancer-fighting season. This battle is our 'now' and our present 'normal,' and it has been for a long time. That doesn't mean I'm giving in or giving up.
-I'm just realizing that always straining to get this over with and to get back to the way things were, is exhausting and frustrating.

Hopefully, the battle is over, and if it is, then we are in a cancer-healing season! And that will most likely take a lot of time too.
Either way, I'm reminded of Paul, who said:
"...For I have learned to be content in whatever situation I am in." Phil. 4:11  

~Becky

No comments: