"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 8, 2015

Wednesdays in the Word

I love my read-through-the-Bible-plan but I'm more of a two-year-plan-person instead of one. ; )
I'm about to finish it (yay!) and start again and I've been thinking that this time I want to be on the look out for and take note of all of the "But God' verses and what I call the "Holy howevers."

The "BUT GOD" verses are the ones where He steps in and changes things and I LOVE that.

Here are some examples:

"Now when they had fulfilled all that was written concerning Him, they took Him down from the tree and laid Him in a tomb. BUT GOD raised Him from the dead." Acts 13:29-30 Whoo-hoo!

"And the patriarchs, becoming envious, sold Joseph into Egypt, BUT GOD was with him and delivered him out of all his troubles and gave him favor and wisdom..."  Acts7:9 

Jacob speaking to Laban:  "If the God of my father, the God of Abraham and the Fear of Isaac, had not been with me, certainly now you would have sent me off empty-handed. BUT GOD has seen my hardship and the toil of my hands, and last night He rebuked you."

"My flesh and my heart fail; BUT GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Ps.73:26

"David stayed in strongholds in the wilderness, and ...Saul sought him every day, BUT GOD did not deliver him into his hand." 1 Sam.23:14

Aren't these fun? 
Here's a good one:

"For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die, BUT GOD demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us."

But what is even more fun,
is to look for the BUT GOD situations in your life!
When we remember all the things that the enemy tried and failed at or the things that should have happened but didn't...
We can see God's intervention and get mighty excited about our very own BUT GOD times! : )
 Amen?

-Next week, we'll look at a few of those "Holy Howevers!"

Have a blessed day!
~Becky

No comments: