"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 25, 2015

One amazing man

A year ago today, we sat in Room 23 fully expecting to hear the word 'benign.' 
But instead, a grim faced oncologist came in and had to tell us that my hubby had stage 3 esophageal cancer.
My hubby took the news with all the peace and the joy of the Lord that he always exhibits in life! This reaction was probably not what the doctor was expecting. 
Apparently, he thought he must have misunderstood or something because he then repeated the diagnosis!
(trust me, you catch the 'C' word the first time it is mentioned!) 
Then the doctor said emphatically, "This is really serious!" 
(we knew that it was but isn't it wonderful that God is the one with the final say! Hallelujah!) 
The doctor told us our options etc... And then my hubby started ENCOURAGING the doctor! 
That is just who he is! Even in his darkest moment!
He told him how well he was doing his job and how much we appreciated all the useful information that he was sharing with us etc...
He is amazing! 
I'm soooo blessed that I get to do LIFE with him! 

~Becky

No comments: